Thursday, July 31, 2008

playscheme

St John Chrysostom Church is hosting a playscheme which is being run by local youth workers from the youth club - Zap! Their building is out of operation following a fire last year and the church offered the building for them to run holiday sessions. It is just 2 hours a day (can't do more unless we have more workers, room and sessional staff) but even 2 hours is hard. Today we had 25 on and off and with 5 of us playing and making stuff it was quite a challenge. We expect that we will have many more tomorrow. I had a great time making fridge magnets and painting. But I am very tired now and have to be out again at 6.30pm to take part in a Dream alternative worship service at St Mary's Grassendale. So, I am going to put my feet up and try to turn off my brain for an hour or so.

No comments: