Friday, August 1, 2008

day off

Last night I was off at Dream L19 for the Greenbelt practice service...which went very well. Such a great group of people so it is a bit of a privilege to be involved with this even though I have only been back in town a few weeks. I got in quite late but stayed up watching the Sylvia Plath film until 2am this morning so was very tired at 8am when I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. I have been running on spare energy all day...

went into town at mid-day for a scoot about - got some bits and bobs, went to the back, had a spot of lunch with Mark and Eva. Then this afternoon I have been spending time with Tom Donaghey who came over from Preston for a visit. It was great to catch up and spent time chatting about our curacies and reminiscing (already) about the Trinity days! Only been away less than 2 months and already looking back with fondness as if it was years ago...

We went for a travel around the parish and I took him over to meet Henry. Sharing our stories of what we have done so far it feels like we have done so much already. Just recounting my experiences and talking about our parishes makes you realise how varied and fascinating the church of England is! We went out of a great curry at the Maharaja - always a treat! and now I am back in disparate need of sleep. Might have a bath and an early night.

I love my day off!

No comments: