Wednesday, August 6, 2008

held in trust

Today I spent most of the morning making toast for the kids who turned up for the St John Chrysostom play scheme. Which is a very good way to meet the kids and get to know their names - also I found out their toast preferences...most chose lightly toasted, loads of butter and cut in triangles (though there are always some who like rectangles). I personally think all bread based snacks taste better when cut into triangles - but maybe that's just me?

This afternoon Henry and I went to St Francis Xavier's (SFX) Church to have a cup of tea and lovely cake with Br. Ken Vance SJ. SFX are hosting a great exhibition of religious artifacts called Held in Trust: 2008 Years of Sacred Culture. They have some fantastic items - including the thorn of Christ. Quite apart from the items - which are wonderfully displayed - the church itself is beautifully presented and the cake was amazing (I had fruit cake). There is an army of volunteers working on the project - which s pretty impressive. If you happen to get a moment I really can recommend this exhibition to you not just because of the religious artifacts but for the whole ambiance.

For the rest of the afternoon I have been pottering about. Margie came from for a cuppa, I made Elise some dinner (she needs steak and as she is currently living in a vegetarian house we are providing meat based meals on wheels). I am just about to bath Eva and then relax with some dinner myself (not steak! Do you think we are made of money!!!!). I will be eating potato rosti and salad.

No comments: