Saturday, July 12, 2008

music hall






I am just adding the final touches to my sermon...nearly there. I am sure I will have last minute nerves but the preparation stage is almost complete.

Today has been quite exciting. The long awaited trampoline is nearly assembled. I hope it doesn't go the way of the garden furniture - which was removed without consent on Wednesday (I got it back but there was an incident!). So, I know that prayer for the security of trampolines is not that conventional but it would be great if you get a moment! Eva is out there bouncing as I write - she has always wanted a trampoline so it very very happy. I might have a go shortly.

We spent the afternoon at the theatre - well actually it was an old warehouse on the dock road decked out as a theatre. The show was Smoke and Mirrors: a Cabaret for Liverpool. We got free tickets because we live in North Liverpool so the Loudon family took Henry Corbett (my boss) out for a jolly. It was very jolly actually, though the matinée was a bit of a struggle for the performers! As music hall is my second love (God and the church being my first - naturally!) I was intrigued by their interpretation of the style and content. From a performance point of view working in that style is tricky but I think they pulled it off (even if we, the audience, weren't helping them much). I loved the music and despite the fact that the story was quite dense I took my hat of to the sterling effort made to combine social commentary and entertainment.

Anyway, I off for a bounce.

No comments: