Friday, July 18, 2008

The plank

Today is my day off so I have been resting, had a lovely lunch with Mark in town and went to visit Gaby Malcolm and have been tweeking my sermon for Sunday (I know I am not supposed to do that on my day off but I couldn't rest properly until it was tweeked!). I have also been looking at music hall videos on youtube. Whilst browsing I came across The Plank - I remember first watching this with my Dad a long long time ago and thinking it was genius. Since then I have used it a couple of times to explain a bit about how slapstick works as well as mime, music hall humour and character acting works. If you haven't ever seen it before then sit back and enjoy it for the first time, if you have (perhaps you were in one of my seminars!?) then have a plank moment and enjoy!
(it is in five parts...)

The Plank 1967 (original film) Eric Sykes and Tommy Cooper,Jimmy Edwards,Roy Castle,Jim Dale,Hattie Jacques,Stratford Johns,Graham Stark,Jimmy Tarbuck,Bill Oddie,John Junkin,Dermot Kelly,Libby Morris,Rex Garner,Dave Freeman,Johnny Speight,Joan Young,Clovissa Newcombe,Anna Carterett,Kenny Lynch,Barney Gilbraith,Howard Douglas,Thomas Gallagher,Tricia De Dulin,Ian Wilson,Ronnie Brody and Dennis Golding.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooo this so reminds me of my childhood - my grandad and dad use to cry laughing at this - and we had it on an old video for years - thanks