Friday, July 4, 2008

tea with the bishop

Despite the fact that today was my day off I broke up my lying around watching the tennis by having tea with the Bishop of Warrington, the Rt Rev David Jennings. I had been looking forward to his visit because he is such a pastorally sensitive man and easy to talk to. I was able to share some of the more difficult things about my first week (there are not many) as well as celebrate it. Also, he blessed the house - which was great. This house has a very positive vibe about it and you get a sense that it has seen a great deal of action. To have the Bishop bless it for us was very encouraging.

Mark has gone off to Bristol to take pictures at Olly and Hannah's wedding so Eva and I are looking after each other this weekend. It is going to be quite busy - a wedding at St Peter's tomorrow and 3 services on Sunday. The poor child will be take to all of these unless I can find an alternative - the life of a curate's daughter is a hard one.

Anyway, I think I had better go back to the tennis and more tea.

No comments: