Sunday, July 6, 2008

first sunday

Well, today has been my first proper Sunday in Everton as a rev...and it has been great. I am very tired and my poor old brain is fried with names, events, traditions, directions, readings, prayers and lots of other new stuff - But, I was expecting all that so that's all fine. I will sleep well tonight particularly as Mark is home and I don't have to get up early to take Eva to school.

The first of three services today was a baptism, which after the wedding that took place at St Peter's yesterday was a great way to meet a load of very well dressed people who live in the parish. Everyone was in their finery for both services and the church looked great. Welcoming in a small child into the church family is always a pleasure particularly when the parents are able to come to the vows with such clarity and down to earth commitment to church, God and their child. I had the privilege of leading the prayers - my first intercessions as a curate!

Eva has had to follow me around all day and she has been very very good. I am proud of her resilience. We had a great lunch then at 4.30pm we went to St John Chrysostom for their evening communion followed by the 6.30pm communion at St Peter's. I returned home at 8.30pm very hungry and grateful that rain had suspended play at Wimbledon and I got to see the last set of the mens final. They might have had a miserable day trying to dodge the rain but it was great for me to catch it live as I ate my chicken and avocado sandwich. I must get an early night as I have a sermon to start to write tomorrow - Romans 8...and looking at my diary for the next week I will be needing every minute I can get tomorrow!

No comments: