Friday, July 25, 2008

rubbish day off

Last night someone stole Mark's camera from the house whilst Eva and I were in the kitchen - they came in through the open back door (less that 10 foot away from us). There had been an incident outside the house that lasted about an hour in total and was quite confrontational in the end. By the time Mark got back it became apparent that they had actually been in the house and removed the camera - the one that Mark uses for work and is quite valuable. Eva was reasonably ok about the whole thing but it has meant that today we have not gone to Wales for the night as a family as planned. I would have to be back tomorrow anyway and am too tired to get my act together to go so I am not going to make it at all - the others probably will get there for some of the time.

The whole day has been spent sorting stuff out. The police didn't go until 2am this morning and I was up at 8am sorting insurance etc. We have spent the day dealing with forensics, visitors and various other robbery related issues. I am completely knackered and know that a night under canvas is just not what I need. So, I am definitely staying to try to get a better nights sleep.

Having felt very demoralized earlier this morning and emailed a few people for prayer support and just to get it off my chest I am beginning to get it into perspective and realise that I can not let this take over the way we live and work here. But the reality is this isn't an isolated incident and I think we need to up security and vigilance and yet keep a balance of healthy city living. We are very well supported here - lots of people have called, the archdeacon has been round, the police dealt with the situation (slowly) but in a measured way and the insurance company have been good about it. So, we have a great deal to be grateful for. But your prayers for protection would be appreciated and once again please pray for the boys and girls who came into our home and the surrounding area. Boundaries need to be set and I need to be a bit tougher.

So, today has been a rubbish. But I must say a big thanks to everyone who is praying for us! Really really big thanks. xxx

1 comment:

just Gai said...

Sorry to read about your burglary. I know from personal experience how upsetting it can be, far beyond the actual loss of one's belongings. I'll be remembering you and your little family over the coming days.