Monday, July 7, 2008

water

We put the dishwasher on this morning (yes, we have a dishwasher - my mum bought it for us as an ordination present, she said that we couldn't live in a vicarage without a dishwasher! I did point out that it didn't appear to be a clerical essential but she was having none of that...I gave in in the end). Anyway, I put the dishwasher on this morning and it vomited up all the dirty water onto the kitchen floor! Oh joy. It seems a small thing under the sink had wobbled free and from a small thing lots of yacky water flowed (I am sure Jesus would have told a story about this sort of thing being like not founding your faith on solid ground or something like that). So, I was supposed to be writing a sermon on Romans 8 and instead I was phoning clergy housing and wiping up water. I wonder if this story will be of any interest to the congregation on Sunday!? I suspect not. Looks like I will have to find another time to catch up with Paul.

I am off to meet the diocesan media officer and attend the Shewsy AGM. So, I'd better get a move on.

No comments: