Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saturday

Today I am doing stuff for tomorrow...a sermon needs tweeking, prayers need preparing and some printing needs printing. I am also trying to do things in the garden (very little has been done and as we uncover stuff we discover that the garden is a lot bigger than we we thought and that it is a lot more of a mess that we had ever imagined), I am making cakes and doing some painting (we made a terrible mess on a wall with cranberry juice - long story!). I am covered in magnolia paint and banana cake mix. So, a house sorting and Sunday preparation day.

I am also trying not to care about the Merseyside Derby...one of the good things about being a girl is that you are allowed to not have an opinion about football. Even if I had an opinion I am rarely asked for it. I think the pressure of having a partisan view might be too much for me. Having an interest is enough. The fact that the match is happening at Goodison Park means that the street isn't parked up and I can't hear the cheering from our garden. However, the street is very quiet and we can hear cheers from houses (from Liverpool supporters thus far!).

I had better get on with my Sunday preparation whilst listening to radio 5 live - 24 mins to go!

No comments: