Wednesday, September 24, 2008

avoiding exercise

I have managed to avoid taking any form of exercise for a long time but tomorrow is the day that all this changes. I have an induction to the local gym which has been prescribed by the nurse at my new doctor's surgery (having had a check up she just happened to notice that I was overweight and a bit of a couch potato). I have signed up for Liverpool's healthy living scheme which allows me to see a personal trainer, join the gym and have my physical well being monitored over 12 weeks. I am not looking forward to this step at all. My aversion to exercise goes very deep and the thought of being the gym fatty feels me with horror but I realize that being affective here - the curate in two parishes in Everton - my health needs to be boosted.

So, I would welcome your prayers - for lethargy (oh I am very good at being too tired to go for a walk/swim/spin); for my sore arthritic feet which do not respond well to impact; for the poor person who has to motivate me off the sofa and in to the gym. But most importantly that I don't lose heart too quickly and keep at it.

3 comments:

just Gai said...

Well done for taking the first step Ellen.

Bill Sykes said...

Go Ellen GO. Think of all the cake (and wine?) you'll be able to off-set

Unknown said...

well done you - v brave