Wednesday, September 10, 2008

cold

It is so cold. I am shivering in my office getting ready for a housegroup this evening and thinking about going out to a coffee shop to plan rather than be in here. I am a bit worried about turning on the heating because our quoted bill for the next 12 months is just under £2,000 (which we pay in monthly installments and is based on last year's consumption at this address). We haven't had the heating on - apart from occasional emergency clothes drying - and I don't want to start until Oct. But, it really is quite cold. Now, I have an income (admittedly not all that much but I am settled and have a secure job) which means that this bill is annoying (understatement) but can be dealt with and with belt tightening can be paid. However, I am quite concerned that there are many people who will find themselves in fuel poverty this year. I wonder what is the Christian response?

No comments: