Thursday, January 29, 2009

out of sorts

I am a little bit out of sorts. I am waiting in for the washing machine man and really want him to get here so I can get out the house. The washing machine blew up again on Monday and I do not deal with this sort of thing very well - as regular readers will recall. Also, I have to take Eva to the dentist later and I know I am going to be in trouble again because I am pretty sure she has a black tooth (I just hope it is a baby tooth!). It seems that no matter how few sweets she eats (she has sweets on Fridays) and how often she cleans her teeth (twice a day) she has bad teeth. I am going to have to ask for further professional advice and I may have to ask the dentist to not be quite so nice and tell her like it is...which I am not looking forward to at all.

I have, however, managed to clear my desk of all things except sorting out my receipts for the tax man. I hate this job - all money matters fill me with horror and sorting out receipts seems to be so cruel. I can't really explain why I hat it so but just moaning about it is putting it off for a bit longer so that is a small piece of happiness.

I might take Eva out for a crepe at John Lewis after the dentist just to cheer us up. I might even splash out and spend my Christmas vouchers on a vase. Anyway, best get on with the receipt chore - I am sure I will feel better after it's done and I will then deserve a crepe!

My favourite news story of the day is of the Armarna Princess the fake Egyptian statue which was bought by Bolton Museum a few years back and they have rather boldly put on display again but as a 'beautiful fake' - good on them!

No comments: