Friday, January 23, 2009

barack's bible

Barack Obama had to re-swear the oath of allegiance but there wasn't a bible to hand! According to the Mirror (which I am reading daily for educational purposes at the moment). So they had to improvise. Apparently, Barack had packed his away for the move to the Whitehouse and the special one that usually does the job had been returned to the museum. I wonder how many of us can't find our bibles to do our swearing? If anyone is at a loss I have 15 Good News versions in my office used for Homegroup, 2 NIV's (one given to me by the bishop at ordination), 3 NRSV's, I Jerusalem, 1 Living, 2 King James (I being the family bible, the other being my baptism bible), one that is of unknown translation, 1 Word on the Street (does that count?), and a Message...if only Barack had known.

Whilst I am on the subject of Barack (I think as we now twitter together we are now on first name terms!?) Jonny Baker has written a great blog about his networking skills in the 0tees...the Social Pulpit is worth a read.

No comments: