Saturday, October 25, 2008

blog break

I am sorry, dear reader, that I have not been blogging for a while but I am sure you are aware that this has been a difficult week in Everton following the fatal stabbing of Joseph Lappin outside the Shewsy Youth Club on Monday night. The club is attached, physically as well as practically, to St Peter's church which one of the two churches where I am a curate, and we are all struggling to make sense of what is a terrible event. As Henry said in his statement to the press on Monday:
"The whole community are shocked and saddened by these stabbings. We will be doing all we can to help the police with their inquiries but at this moment our thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims."

I don't think that I will be able to to blog here for a while...so I hope you will forgive my absence from the world of the interweb. You can contact me via the usual routes and we would all appreciate your prayers. Particular thoughts to the family of Joseph and his friends.