Tuesday, October 7, 2008

st deiniols

I am at St Deiniols - home of Gladstone (it was, obviously not now because he is dead - but there is a good exhibition here) and the best library in the world. I am sitting on a very comfy chair in the library surrounded by lovely books in complete silence. It is fantastic. Though I didn't come here to mes about on facebook or write my blog it is quite the nicest place I have ever had the pleasure of messing about on the interweb.

Although I have a cold and am self-medicating variuosly on lemsip, asprin, honey lemon and ginger, chocolate biscuits and crisps I can still smell old books, oak and leather. A heady combination that makes me want to write a PhD...so that's what best get on with doing. Tea is at 6.45pm so I have 1 1/2 hours of creating to do. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

John Davies said...

Glad you're enjoying St Deiniol's, I think it's a great place (I was there last week!) and it's so well-situated for us, being only 40 mins or so from home... half-bottles of red get a little pricey if you stay a few days but it's all in a good cause...