Tuesday, July 29, 2008

ice cream vans



This is what I would like to do to ice cream vans!







I am sat in my office and am, as usual, very distracted by the outside world. Today it is ice cream vans that are distracting me!

When you love in a city ice cream vans are two-a-penny. I know they make the kids happy but the constant chiming of the bells and the plethora of tunes they play does my head in. The two that are most irritating at the moment are - Greensleeves and the teddy bears picnic. Just as you think one has passed and you are free another one comes by and the whole thing kicks off again. I guess if it was a Christian Ice cream van it might well play "Shine Jesus Shine"? I think my irritation is part of the "settling in" process because other city noises that are causing irritation are:
- the squeaky ball that belongs to the dog next door
- magpies
- cars going to fast on Queens road
- the phone that keeps ringing in the house behind us
- mika - should mika be banned now? Have we had enough?
- wheely bins being dragged
- morris dancers bells

I think it is time to go for a walk and se some stuff as well as hear it!

1 comment:

just Gai said...

When my daughters were very young, in an attempt to save them from a life of excessive ice cream consumption, I did not let on that they sold the stuff. We called them music vans.

I felt very guilty about having deceived my children in this way, until a friend told me that she went one further, telling her children that the van only played music when it had run out of ice cream!