Friday, February 13, 2009

that was the week that was

Indeed the week has past far too quickly and it has been quite frustrating. But there have been some highlights:
On Tuesday evening I attended my first Everton Labour Group meeting where I received a cool welcome - good to see that local politics remains as bazaar as always.
On Wednesday I had to go to the Build A Bear Factory with Eva (I have very strong views about 'build a bear' that I can not write here for fear of the legal repercussions suffice to say it took all my strength to step over the thresh-hold and help Eva spend the gift voucher that was given by my Mum). I came home feeling spiritually and financially bereft. Having said that it was compensated by a great housegroup/bible study at mine - we are looking at Genesis at the moment and it provoked an interesting debate about sex, sin and redemption.
On Thursday I had my hair done. Due to my current situation (please contact me in person for details) I am trying to blend in...so I have had my hair cut very sensibly and gone to my natural colour (though a bit of colour was applied to cover my grey hair - getting greyer by the day!!!).
Today I am home early and have, for the first time this week, had some time in my office. I have moved some papers about and faffed about - which is nice.

Anyway, I must go and get Eva now. She has a friend over for tea so I must be on best behaviour.

No comments: