Saturday, March 28, 2009

marching in the rain











I haven't been able to make it to London today but it is great to see so many people marching through London demanding action on poverty, climate change and jobs, ahead of next week's G20 summit. There is some good coverage of the event on the BBC website...including some great photos.

We have had a good day resting, gardening and light shopping at the farmers market on Lark Lane. I am feeling particularly tired and in need of rubbish TV and nibbles. Mark and I had a great evening out last night (which is why I am a bit tired today - not used to late nights and spicy food) with some of the people I was ordained with last June. It was lovely to relax and talk about some oft he adventures we have been having. Mine has been a strange year - with a mix of commitments inside and outside of the parish - not exactly what I had expected from my diaconate year. But, I am looking forward to a more normal parish life after Easter. I am struggling to get my head round being ordained priest in June...but that is still a while off so perhaps it will fall into place before then.

Right, I am off to read a bit of my book and doze on the sofa.

No comments: