Monday, November 17, 2008

barnardo's

I know I said I wasn't going to b able to blog for a while but I think it may well be that I will be able to post but it will be a little more infrequent than 'usual'. I can't resist the pull of the interweb!

Anyway, I thought I would break my silence with details of this campaign by Barnardo's. It is called Children in trouble.

The Campaign (in Barnardo's words) is as follows:

"There are people who might say that some children are difficult to believe in – those who are troublesome or engage in anti-social behaviour.

At Barnardo’s, we argue that it is these children who especially need our help and support.

Evidence shows that most children in trouble are trapped in a cycle of disadvantage:

* they come from the poorest families and communities
* they have the poorest educational experiences
* they are more likely to suffer ill health and substance abuse.

Most children are not troublesome. They attend school, take part in activities and many volunteer in their communities.

Despite this, society has the perception that children are responsible for a significant amount of antisocial behaviour and crime and are becoming increasingly intolerant.

Society is demonising its young people."

Please watch the following video - will children who are under 13 years of age please seek parental consent before watching this video.



What Barnardo's are campaigning for

Barnardo's want people to think again.

Help them change the public’s intolerance, and stop the demonisation of children and young people: take action with Barnardo's.

No comments: